The Malevolence was a Subjugator-class heavy cruiser active during the Clone Wars. It served as the flagship of the Confederate General Grievous. The massive ship was longer than four Venator-class Star Destroyers and sported massive ion cannons, capable of disabling enemy ships, mounted on both sides of its hull. The ship was first spotted by Republic forces around 22 BBY by Jedi General Ares Nune and Clone Commander Kite, who were on an inspection in the Phu system. Grievous took the opportunity to fire the ion cannons on Nune's fleet, destroying it. High Jedi General Plo Koon led a fleet to engage the Malevolence after losing contact with Nune.
After destroying Koon's fleet, the Malevolence was revealed to the Republic after Koon was rescued by Jedi General Anakin Skywalker. Dooku assigned the Malevolence to a major clone trooper medical center near the Ryndellia system. En route to the Kaliida Shoals Medical Center, the Malevolence destroyed a Republic medical convoy passing through the Ryndellia system. Before the warship could attack the medcenter, however, a group of BTL-B Y-wing starfighters led by General Skywalker intercepted the massive ship near the medcenter and disabled its ion cannons and hyperdrive with proton torpedoes.
Senator Padmé Amidala was taken hostage aboard the Malevolence, and Skywalker and High Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi left to rescue Amidala. Prior to escaping the warship, Skywalker tampered with the ship's navicomputer. Grievous fled on his starfighter after noting that the battle had been lost. The battle droids stationed on the Malevolence believed that the hyperdrive had been fixed; however, the sabotaged navicomputer caused the Malevolence to crash into the Dead Moon of Antar.
- The Clone Wars: Shipyards of Doom (Indirect mention only)
- The Clone Wars: Prelude (First mentioned, concurrent with A Galaxy Divided) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (Appears in flashback(s))
- HoloNet News — A Galaxy Divided (First mentioned)
- The Clone Wars: Shakedown (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- The Clone Wars: Procedure (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- The Clone Wars: Agenda (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
- The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 1: Breakout Squad (Wreckage only)
- The Clone Wars: Departure (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures (video game)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence" (Appears in flashback(s))