Skytop Station was a Confederate listening post during the Clone Wars. A modified core ship, the station was designed to monitor Republic communications, thereby providing the Confederate Droid Army with vital intelligence on the movement of enemy fleets. Skytop Station was built and crewed by the Hyper-Communications Cartel, a business group formed by Confederate leader Po Nudo. It was stationed in the upper atmosphere of one of the moons of Ruusan.
Once construction was completed, Skytop Station began to intercept Republic HoloNet transmissions, providing the Confederacy with intelligence on the movement of Republic fleets. Following the Battle of Bothawui, High Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi tasked Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan, Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano, with finding and destroying the station. The two discovered Skytop Station's location after receiving a distress call from the captured Republic droid R2-D2, who was being taken to the station to be delivered to the Confederate General Grievous. Skywalker and Tano traveled to the station and infiltrated it alongside members of the Grand Army of the Republic's 501st Legion with the intent to rescue R2-D2 and destroy the listening post. Despite Grievous's efforts to thwart the Republic forces, Skywalker and his companions were able to disable Skytop Station's reactor and repulsorlift generators, causing the core ship to fall from the sky.
- The Clone Wars: Prelude (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (Appears in "Newsreel" only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
- The Clone Wars: Forces of Darkness
- The Clone Wars: Jedi in Training
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes (Nintendo DS edition)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures video game (Mentioned only)