|Died||21 BBY, Chandrila|
|Chronological and Political Information|
|Era||Rise of the Empire Era|
|Affiliation||Old Galactic Republic|
“Chandrila has always encouraged and fostered free, responsible speech, and it would appear that these workers took every measure to ensure their absence would not endanger anyone.”—Tanis Mothma
Tanis Mothma was a Human female Governor of Hanna City, Chandrila during the years prior to the Clone Wars. Her husband was an arbiter-general of the Old Galactic Republic and their daughter Mon Mothma became Bormea Sector's Senator. She was also the grandmother of Jobin and Lieda Mothma.
A Human female who resided on Chandrila, Tanis Mothma was married to a man who served as an arbiter-general for the Old Galactic Republic, and the pair had a daughter, Mon Mothma. Mothma served as governor of Hanna City in the lead up to the Clone Wars. She taught her daughter how to administer, organize, and lead. In 22 BBY, Mothma commented on the walk-out by the planet's Public Safety Commission—protesting over the vote to create a Grand Army of the Republic—noting that they had done everything possible to ensure that their strike had not endangered others by programming droids to cover the increased workload. She was perished in a tragic attack on Hanna City by General Lok Durd's bio weapons during the Clone Wars. After her death, she was replaced by Jovive Centi, who took on the role as governor of Halla City.
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 46 (First appearance)
- The Star Wars Sourcebook (As "Mon Mothma's mother")
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook (As "Mon Mothma's mother")
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook (As "Mon Mothma's mother")
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- "Ask the Master"—Star Wars Insider 82 (as "Tanith" Mothma)
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith The Visual Dictionary (Indirect mention only)